xorgconfig missing FBD_8

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Feb 11 21:26:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Steve Franks wrote:

>> AllowEmptyInput bad, AutoAddDevices good.
>
> Whatever.  Just trying to be helpful.  AllowEmptyInput still works on
> my boxes, so I was passing the secret knowledge. The handbook does oft
> lag reality.

AEI is still there, but gets misused and causes other problems.  On
FreeBSD it was used to address an early bug, since fixed.  Then it
became seen as the way to disable hal in xorg.  It can cause trouble
doing that, though.

So if you're trying to disable hal devices in xorg, first try

Option "AutoAddDevices" "Off"