VirtualBox is broken?

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Tue Feb 9 21:54:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:18:17 +0100, Bernt Hansson <bernt at bah.homeip.net>
wrote:
> 2010-02-09 20:16, Yuri:
>> Every time I try to run a VM my whole system hangs. This started after
>> the resent system/ports update. I even force-recompiled all ports that
>> VirtualBox depends on and still have the problem.
>>
>> Anybody is able to run vbox?
>
> I can run the GUI but not load the kernelmodule.
>
> testbox# kldload vboxdrv.ko
> kldload: can't load vboxdrv.ko: Exec format error

Have a look at /var/log/messages and see what gets logged there when
trying to load the module. Probably your Kernel sources and the vbox
module are out of date or you hit a bug.

Please read http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox on how to correctly
load the module because you risk a freeze when loading it with
kldload when running.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/