autogen gcc makefile.def error Postfix 2.5.6

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 02:15:04 UTC 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Danny Edge <nocmonkey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't used FreeBSD in eight years and haven't installed Postfix since
> then. Can someone please help with the GCC error below?
>
> Thanks.

You'll need to include a lot more info than that.

You can review this page to get the best experience here:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/article.html

Since you've been away so long a review of the handbook would be helpful for
you as well.

The best guess I can make given the info you provided is that you're trying
to built a port without being root.  That isn't going to work, you need
appropriate permissions.

--
Adam Vande More