8.0 & flash & gmail attachments

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 21:44:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I'm running 8.0-RELEASE-p2. I have flash support through linux
emulation (linux_base-f10-10_2 and linux-f10-flashplugin-10.0r42).
Everything seems to work fine save a couple of things:

- Sometimes nspluginwrapper crashes and dumps a core. Firefox 3 seems
to work fine however and it does not hang or crash.

- In Gmail, every attachment attempt fails. I think this is related to
flash cause there is a flash progress bar while uploading the
attachment. If I fall back to the old gmail version where the progress
bar is not present the same attachment does not fail.

I wonder if any out there has noticed this. I'm specially interested
in the second problem cause it is very annoying.

Thanks in advance.