this may be impossible: iis there a way to play streams on our firefox?

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 4 12:42:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 17:29:57 -0800
Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

> 	Is there a way of streaming stuff like old tv shows, the
> 	bbc-player, and pbs steams on the freebsd version of
> firefox35?

Currently the best way of using BBC iplayer is a perl script called
get_iplayer which downloads DRM-free mp4 files intended for
mobile-devices. I don't think it's in ports, but you can download it as
a single file, which self-upgrades. It can access other interfaces for
radio programmes too. The last time I checked the  official iplayer
application didn't install under wine.

The online version is flash-based and should work with anything that
supports flash - I still  use windows firefox under wine, but it
probably will work with linux flash under emulation.