can't make an 'a' slice except with auto-defaults

Steve Franks bahamasfranks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 02:59:16 UTC 2010

On a running system.  I mean, I know I should quit being a &%^#& and
read the manpage for bsdlabel, but sysintall really does have a nice
tui.    'C'reate slice goes straight to 'd', even on a 'fresh' disk.
I see in the handbook, this is alluded to, but some intermediate level
between begginer and expert (bsdlabel just strikes me as way too easy
to trash the disk I'm running off of while trying to make a backup),
would be nice...512M just won't fit the kernel+symbols.

<fuming, reading man bsdlabel ;) >

Steve