Where to post FreeBSD tutorials?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 31 17:47:23 UTC 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 20:17:31 -0500, Xn Nooby <xnooby at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I write a document about how to do something with FreeBSD, is there
> a good place to post it, or a link to it?
>
> Something like "how to edit a video in FreeBSD", not official documentation.
>
> I usually have to google things to find them, and often find the
> answer on stackoverflow or howtoforge.  Sometimes it hard to find
> things in google, and sometimes I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

A weblog post would be nice.  If you feel really adventurous you can
even set up a 'FreeBSD Wiki' with your tutorials.

Another good thing you can do is to prepare SGML articles for your
mini-guides and post them to freebsd-doc for inclusion to the official
doc/ tree.  This is a bit more difficult than a personal wiki though,
because: (1) you would have to learn SGML to write the source of the
article itself and (2) you have to convince the doc team that the
article is sufficiently good and necessary before it's committed and,
more importantly, (3) it would be nice if you are prepared to 'maintain'
the text in the future.