load windows

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Dec 31 04:09:17 UTC 2010

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:39:45 +0800, xinyou yan <yxy.716 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Help:  I installed 8.2 today ,
> I think  I have forgot  installed boot loader manager .
> When I was finished  and reboot . The system just has bsd loader
>
> I  can  use F2 load windows previous
> Any one who know how to load linux also help  . (I have a  linux in system
> the loader was installed on its /boot not mbr
> )
>
> So how can i do now!

According to your description, you want to boot into one
out of three systems (FreeBSD, a Linux, a "Windows"). In
this case, you should be able to run the Linux distribution
you have from a live file system CD or DVD and restore its
boot manager, LILO or GRUB. This boot manager should then
deal with the OS selection for boot.

Of course, you can also "restart" the FreeBSD installation
and choose its boot manager to be installed. I think you
should be able to do this through the running FreeBSD
system, maybe using the sysinstall program. The FreeBSD
boot manager would then show the operating systems' names
in its choice list.

As I am not a "multi-booter", I'm not fully sure if this
will work as intended. Usually I do just install FreeBSD's
loader as there is nothing else to load. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany