Android phone and FreeBSD 8.1

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 17:18:12 UTC 2010

2010/12/28 Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de>:
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:32:02 +0100, Fernando Apesteguía <fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I bought a GeeksPhone One[1]. It uses Android 2.2.1. I'm trying to get
>> FreeBDS recognize the phone.
>> [...]
>> What can I do to access the phone's storage in FreeBSD?
>
> Seems to be the same "issue" I just had. See the mailing
> list archives of the last few days.
>
> In short: method (a)
>        # true > /dev/da0
>        # true > /dev/da1
>        # true > /dev/da2
>        # true > /dev/da3
> or method (b)
>        # mount /dev/da0 /mnt
>        # mount /dev/da1 /mnt
>        # mount /dev/da2 /mnt
>        # mount /dev/da3 /mnt
> will cause the proper device nodes (e. g. /dev/da0s1, /dev/da1s1,
> /dev/da2s1 and  /dev/da3s1) corresponding to inserted media to
> appear. Those can then be mounted in the usual way.

I tried that with no success. dmesg reports the new device as da4, but
it then removes the entry so I don't have any /dev/da4[X]
If I use the first method, I get "Permission denied" using both root
and a regular user for da[0-3]. Using the second method, I get
"Operation not permitted". No da4 nodes appear under /dev.