ImageMagick, Djvu, and Perl-threaded - marked as IGNORE when updating

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:38:36 UTC 2010

On 12/28/10, David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net> wrote:
>> On 12/27/10, David Southwell <david at vizion2000.net> wrote:
>> > Agreed - but  following Doug's  commit I can vouch that the
>> > PERL_THREADED
>> > hack
>> > was still needed  for 7.2 p3 systems on amd64.
>>
>> It shouldn't be needed.  Can you remove this definition from any
>> locally-modified Makefiles, and provide the same information that was
>> requested from Da Rock? (Why do I feel like a WWE announcer when I
>> type that? ...)
>>
>> b.
> I do not want to rebuild WITHOUT_IMAGEMAGICK_PERL on a running system with
> active user access which needs perl.

Oh, I didn't intend for you to do that.  (This particular problem
shouldn't arise if perl support is disabled.)  I meant to show the
output of 'make -C $PORTSDIR/graphics/ImageMagick -V PERL_THREADED',
'make -C $PORTSDIR/graphics/ImageMagick showconfig', and 'perl
--version' on a system where the build failed if you didn't define
PERL_THREADED manually. (A transcript of a failed build would also be
helpful.)  You needn't (de)install anything.

> Have you got the replies from Da Rock?

Not yet.

b.