ImageMagick, Djvu, and Perl-threaded - marked as IGNORE when updating

Da Rock freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Mon Dec 27 13:31:52 UTC 2010

On 12/27/10 22:54, b. f. wrote:

>>> Perhaps I'm a little daft atm. Either way I want to be clear: Are you
>>> saying the define needs to be in the make.conf so that it will build
>>> correctly? It _does not_ actually look at what perl is installed?
>>>
>>> IF that is the case, then wtf? Either ImageMagick should be checking the
>>> actual pkg installed, or the perl port should be defining this in the
>>> make.conf, right? Seeing as perl already makes a define in make.conf...
>>>
>>> Meanwhile I'll check it out. Cheers
>>>
>> Yep you need that line in make.conf
>>

> Who made this claim?  This is not some standard, user-configurable
> knob -- it is only used by 5 ports, and each of them assigns a value
> to it in the port Makefile.  It shouldn't be set in make.conf.  As for
> why it isn't working in Da Rock's case, he hasn't answered any of the
> questions I asked him earlier.

Well I did offer the info in the OP, albeit pkg_version style. Anyhoo
perl --version outputs:

This is perl, v5.10.1 (*) built for amd64-freebsd-thread-multi

And pkg_version -v:

perl-threaded-5.10.1_3

So its there.  Unfortunately I'm still running various updates so I
can't really offer the make -C yet- somehow OOO has managed scam itself
into my updates that really takes time on the laptop. So I'm still doing
'spring cleaning' so to speak :) The time of year really lends to the
cause...