SD/CF card reader

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 23:58:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> # camcontrol reset all
> Reset of bus 0 returned error 0x3a
> Reset of bus 1 returned error 0x3a
>
> What is this? Is there some documentation about what errors
> like 0x3a refer to? Is it in any relation with the previous
>
> uhub_reattach_port: port 3 reset failed, error=USB_ERR_TIMEOUT
> uhub_reattach_port: device problem (USB_ERR_TIMEOUT), disabling port 3
>
> message recorded by dmesg?
>
> What should I do to get this internal reader working, or isn't
> it worth the time? I mean, if this is just the usual cheap and
> crappy VIA "Windows"-only shit, I won't bother anymore.

I just went through something similar and IIRC the error you report is fixed
in recent STABLE.   During my initiation, I also became aware of GEOM's
limitation when dealing with SD readers.  After inserting the card, you have
to open the device for writing for GEOM to retaste device so you can see the
slices/partitions.   Do something like:

true > /dev/da0

If a recent stable doesn't help, I'd try freebsd-scsi@ or freebsd-usb@

--