Portmaster general questions and problems

Chris Brennan xaero at xaerolimit.net
Sun Dec 26 20:21:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Bruce Cran <bruce at cran.org.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 11:39:58 -0800
> "Ron (Lists)" <rg.lists at rzweb.com> wrote:
>
> > ok, so libltdl-2.2.10 is already installed?  Why is that an issue?
> > Why doesn't portmaster just happily skip it since it's already
> > installed?  What am I not understanding here?  Or am I using
> > portmaster wrong?
>
> That's a problem I've come across before too - I'd be interested to
> know what's going wrong too.

it sounds like there might be an erronous alias or wrapper-script that is
changing the options of portmaster, maybe even a global in /etc/rc.conf?
What does the following give you.

'alias | grep portmaster'

For me, I get the following;

[root at Ziggy [~]# alias | grep port
alias portmaster='portmaster -d --no-confirm'
[root at Ziggy [~]# grep port .bashrc
alias portmaster="portmaster -d --no-confirm"
[root at Ziggy [~]#

as you can see, these options are expected for me.

As option of '-f' is what it sounds like is being called in your case, to
force-reinstall everything named from the cmdln.

HTH/C-