Completely remove user from system

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Thu Dec 23 16:39:23 UTC 2010

> There is any other thing that I can do to completely remove this user? It's
> urgent 'cos it's sending a lot of spam mails :( and our server administrator
> is on vacation :/
> Thank you.

In addition to what others wrote,
in cases spam is not direct from your host,
but perhaps relaying (now or later) via your host, check with this:

echo /usr/local/*bin/*sasl*
		If there is no sasl installed, dont worry thats
		fine, dont install it just to check, just exit, else :-)

man sasldblistusers
				# you might have sasl2 instead of sasl
su
/usr/local/sbin/sasldblistusers
				# If your rogue user is in list
man  saslpasswd

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
	Mail plain text;  Not quoted-printable, or HTML or base 64.