Which network driver for RTL8211 or 8201 NIC's?

Graeme Dargie arab at tangerine-army.co.uk
Thu Dec 23 14:00:25 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Clarke [mailto:jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk]
Sent: 22 December 2010 21:46
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Which network driver for RTL8211 or 8201 NIC's?

I need to replace a failing motherboard. I'm aiming to keep the existing

Athlon CPU so I'm tied down to to a socket AM2(+) board and the
majority of those available seem to have nForce 630a chipsets and
RTL8211CL or 8201EL NIC's which aren't explicitly mentioned in the
release notes
<http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.1R/hardware.html#ETHERNET>. I see
that the strings RTL8211C(L) and RTL8201L (but not EL) appear
in /usr/src/sys/dev/rgephy.c and rlphy.c but the man page for the rl
driver only mentions RealTek 8129/8139 and I'm not sure which driver is
built from rgephy.c.

Am I going to have problems if I get a motherboard with one of these
NIC's?

--
Mike Clarke