E-Mail scaling question

Mark Moellering mark at msen.com
Tue Dec 21 20:03:52 UTC 2010

Hello All,
My company needs a [new] e-mail solution for a product rollout.  Rather than
have a few e-mail domains with lots of addresses, the solution we need is for
a very few (mostly one, very rarely more than 3) accounts on upwards of tens
of thousands of domains.

I can't find any info on scaling sendmail or postfix to this many domains.  If
anyone has any info, knowledge, horror stories, etc. It would be greatly
appreciated

Also, I am assuming that to play nice, we need a dedicated IP per domain, so I
may have to survive setting that up before I even get to the e-mail.  If
anyone knows of a legitimate way to set up an e-mail domain on a shared IP and
not have half of the e-mail servers assume we are spammers, let me know.

Thanks in advance

Mark Moellering
classcreator.com