HP XW6400 install failure

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Mon Dec 20 20:56:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

The machine restarts during DVD/Memstick boot, possibly when is trying
to identify the HD. If I take out the LSI 3041E SAS controller and
replace it with another SCSI controller or the motherboard SATA all is
fine, installing other OS's with the 3041 is also fine.

Tried various FBSD incarnmations from CD's lying around but none worked.
Tried several machines as well, got four of them so this should exclude
hw failure.

Anyone with similar experiences? The controller uses the mpt driver.

I'm right now burning a 9-current DVD to see what it says...

Thanks,

per