Can't Build Port - pecl-intl

Kevin McQuiggin mcquiggi at sfu.ca
Fri Dec 17 03:41:34 UTC 2010

Hi All:

I am trying to upgrade my "RoundCube" webmail port, but the build fails when trying to build the dependency port "pecl-intl":

==========
highgate# pwd
/usr/ports/devel/pecl-intl
highgate# make
===>   pecl-intl-1.1.2_2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/phpize - found
===>   pecl-intl-1.1.2_2 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/autoconf-2.68 - found
===>   pecl-intl-1.1.2_2 depends on shared library: icui18n.46 - found
===>  PHPizing for pecl-intl-1.1.2_2
Configuring for:
PHP Api Version:         20090626
Zend Module Api No:      20090626
Zend Extension Api No:   220090626
Cannot find autoconf. Please check your autoconf installation and the
$PHP_AUTOCONF environment variable. Then, rerun this script.

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/pecl-intl.

The problem seems to be with the make failing to find "autoconf", which is indeed installed correctly.  Note that the preamble indicates "autoconf-2.68 - found" yet the later step says it cannot be found.

Any help would be appreciated.  My ports are current, via "portsnap fetch update" done daily.  I am running FreeBSD 6.3.

Thanks,

Kevin