freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 340, Issue 15

Mark Terribile materribile at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 19:26:44 UTC 2010

Okay, per private correspondence, here's one that works for the rule (insert your
own upper limit):

(( s = -3, d = -1 )) ; while (( i = ( s += 2 + ( d = -d ) ),  i <= 12 )) ; do
    echo "Welcome $i times"
done

Yeah, this needs an explanation in the comments, and it might be tricky to
extend to other sequences.  But I think I could do it for most reasonable ones.