Kernel panic on power button

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Fri Dec 10 04:47:27 UTC 2010

I just pressed the power button on my desktop computer - it seemed
like it was attempting to do an ACPI suspend instead of a power down
like I expected - but I'm not sure.

Either way:
When It got close to the end

I got

Kernel trap 12: page fault in kernel mode
followed by the fault address, instruction pointer, etc. I have the
information written it down if it would help.
At the end it said "unable to dump - device not configured"
uptime: 11d...

The current process was listed as 81250 (tmux) if that matter.

I then needed to perform a hard shutdown of the computer.

uname -a
FreeBSD voodoo 8.1-STABLE FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #1 r213338: Fri Oct  1
22:11:41 UTC 2010     eitan at voodoo:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

What debugging data should I provide to help fix this issue?

--
Eitan Adler