Runaway ProFTP?

Ryan Coleman editor at d3photography.com
Thu Dec 9 21:31:33 UTC 2010

Dear list,

Has anyone else had experience with ProFTP 1.3.3a running away with processes? I installed it about 2 months ago with a new server build and over the course of the last three weeks I've had to forcibly kill, wait and restart the service every one-to-three days and sucking up between 20% and 80% of my system resources.

I've attempted to change the logging in hopes to track down what is causing the problems but I have not been successful. Additionally it won't connect after a restart through Filezilla but using Terminal on my MBP it will connect in the CLI.

It's not the end of the world (for me) but it is for my staff when they have to upload large numbers of photos.

Thanks,
Ryan