FTPD not working properly on jail

Redd Vinylene reddvinylene at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 11:55:08 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:24 PM, krad <kraduk at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 December 2010 20:07, Joseph Bashe <joseph.bashe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But he mentioned he needs some sort of 'virtual' (I'm assuming chroot)
>> feature; this is not possible with sftp afaik.
>> .
>>

> Its totally possble to chroot the sftp, and I have done it several times.
> Something like the below will isolate each user
>
> Match Group sftponly
>          ChrootDirectory /home/chroot/%u
>
>          X11Forwarding no
>          AllowTcpForwarding no
>          ForceCommand internal-sftp
>

> he might need something more like this so they can share data
>
> Match Group sftponly
>
>          ChrootDirectory /home/chroot/
>          X11Forwarding no
>          AllowTcpForwarding no
>          ForceCommand internal-sftp

I would love to try that sometime - but right now I have to get this regular
ftp working.

Just to recap - I'm trying to set up a virtual vsftpd-ssl-2.3.2 server so my
band can share new tracks, production material and what not, but my SSL
certificate keeps messing it up: http://pastie.org/1358536 - anybody know
why? It works just fine when I disable the SSL.

Many thanks!