Installer program for FreeBSD-9.0?

Da Rock freebsd-questions at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Wed Dec 8 14:04:08 UTC 2010

On 12/08/10 21:27, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 11:14:22 +0000
> "Thomas Mueller"<mueller6727 at bellsouth.net>  wrote:
>

>>> The argument is normally that even without a CD drive everyone has
>>> USB so should install using that instead of floppies.
>>>
>> Not true on a very old computer (especially USB)
>>
> That's why I said "the argument", implying that it's something I don't
> agree with :)
> I do think we need to be careful to remember that plenty of people
> don't have modern setups.

Count me for one. I'm using old stuff for routing and what not- and no,
they don't even see a usb keyboard let alone boot from usb :) I actually
have to disconnect the dud slim cd and and strap in a spare internal cd,
and remove it once installed. I could setup lan boot, but believe it or
not that would be longer...