Can I run a 32-bit jail (or software) on a 64-bit server?

Nerius Landys nlandys at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 18:56:04 UTC 2010

I've had success running [at least some] 32 bit software on 64 bit
FreeBSD without even using a jail.
Do you have /usr/lib32 on your system?  This would get installed for
example if you rebuild world/kernel following this:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html
and if you don't inhibit the installation of /usr/lib32 by setting
some conf file flag somewhere.

There are probably other ways to "get" /usr/lib32 on your system, but
I usually rebuild world to make it happen.