Installer program for FreeBSD-9.0?

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Mon Dec 6 10:31:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:09:00 +0000
"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6727 at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Is there any intent to modify, hopefully improve, the installer
> program (sysinstall) for FreeBSD-9.0?

There's a plan to replace sysinstall with pc-sysinstall, the
PCBSD installer in 9.0. Currently the backend has been committed and
people are working on a web interface frontend to allow people to do
installations via a web browser.

Meanwhile I'm hoping to find some time to improve sysinstall now that
we don't support installation from floppies: I know there are some big
improvements that can be made while not taking on the work of a complete
rewrite.

--
Bruce Cran