RELEASE vice CURRENT vice STABLE

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sat Dec 4 19:46:51 UTC 2010

On Dec 4, 2010, at 6:26 AM, JB wrote:
> If I only, in addition, could get that console/bash Delete key working
> properly (delete a char under the cursor instead of the preceding one) it
> would be a perfect first rendezvous with this FreeBSD help group :-)

"man bash" suggests:

   Commands for Changing Text
       delete-char (C-d)
              Delete  the character at point.  If point is at the beginning of
              the line, there are no characters in  the  line,  and  the  last
              character typed was not bound to delete-char, then return EOF.
       backward-delete-char (Rubout)
              Delete  the  character  behind the cursor.  When given a numeric
              argument, save the deleted text on the kill ring.
       forward-backward-delete-char
              Delete the character under the cursor, unless the cursor  is  at
              the end of the line, in which case the character behind the cur-
              sor is deleted.

Regards,
--
-Chuck