8 partitions maximum

David DEMELIER demelier.david at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 20:23:38 UTC 2010

2010/12/1 krad <kraduk at gmail.com>:
> On 1 December 2010 14:13, Bruce Cran <bruce at cran.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 13:51:48 +0000
>> Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [snip 9 levels of quoting]
>> > It is hardcoded. Not my code.
>>
>> Could you remember to remove excess quotes please? It's getting a bit
>> ridiculous having to scroll past 50 lines to see a one-line reply :)
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Cran
>>

> Is this a theoretical exercise as I cant see why you would need that many
> file systems? Why not just use a EFI layout then you can have 128 file
> sytems?

Yes it is just exercises, I heard bsdlabel was grow up so I wanted to
test, now I don't really understand why it's fixed to 20 only. I also
wanted to try partitionning a disk using only gpart and not
fdisk/bsdlabel at all so to check if what announced is real but it
seems not :-).

Kind regards,

--
Demelier David