Moving from one port to another

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Mon Aug 30 02:27:00 UTC 2010

Quoth Warren Block on Sunday, 29 August 2010:
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, Chip Camden wrote:
> >Quoth Eitan Adler on Sunday, 29 August 2010:

> >>portmaster -o www/squid31 www/squid30
> >
> >So, if I understand correctly, I could use this to upgrade from python26
> >to python27?  Or perl 5.8.9 to perl 5.12?  and everything that depended
> >on the former will be upgraded to the latter?  Can I say "sweeeeet" in
> >advance?  Is there a way to do that with portupgrade, or is this one of
> >those features that makes portmaster a better mousetrap?
>
> portupgrade has had it for a long time:
>
> man portupgrade | less '+/-o ORIGIN'

OK, I just upgrade to python27 using this approach, and everything seemed
to work OK.  The only oddity is that now two of my ports are ahead of the
curve:

py27-gdbm-2.7               >  succeeds port (port has 2.6.5)
py27-sqlite3-2.7_1          >  succeeds port (port has 2.6.5_1)

I'm not going to worry about that unless someone or something tells me I
should.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com