fan control

Matias matiassurdi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 07:59:32 UTC 2010

El 28/08/10 09:40, Roland Smith escribió:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 09:10:10AM +0200, Svein Skogen (Listmail account) wrote:

>>> Some desktop machines have a knob that you can turn which controls the fan
>>> speed.
>>>
>>> In my experience only laptops come with a ACPI thermal subdevice.
>>
>> Then, I guess that you've not used to Asus mainboards?
>
> As a matter of fact I'm running a P5KPL-VM right now. No acpi_thermal sysctls
> to be found. Of course I am running powerd.

>>> Reading the manual is also an option. :-)
>>
>> Have you ever seen a manual for "consumer gear" that includes the word
>> "FreeBSD" except (maybe) in the copyright notices?
>
> It doesn't have to. Even if it just says "Use the windoze program foo to
> control the fan speed", you know that it's possible.
>
> Roland

Well, the manual is almost useless. There is a bios update, but it
scares me a bit the fact that the readme.txt included is a bit crappy
and mentions something about a realtek networking card....probably they
included the wrong readme.

http://tecsrv.pcasl.com/driver/Giada_Slim-i2X_manual.rar

Thanks!!