how do i scp .dotfiles??

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Aug 27 17:51:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 10:25:01AM -0700, Jason Helfman wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:19:40 -0400
> Glen Barber <glen.j.barber at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 8/27/10 1:07 PM, Gary Kline wrote:
> > >
> > > guys,
> > >
> > > this is the start of my master switchover.  how to i copy/scp,say,
> > > ~/.purpur to home/kline/.purple?  along with many hundreds of other
> > > dot files? scp doesn't do it.
> > >
> > > tx,
> > >

> > scp user at foo:\.dotfile .dotfile
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> Use rsync over ssh.

	i've already done 98 or so straight scp copies.   the thing is how
	to use rsync over to an empty ethic? [[ empty == "there are no \
	dot files not .directories"]  i want EVERYTHING from this desktop,
	tao, temp on ethic.

	thanks

    The 7.83a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php
                           http://journey.thought.org