Dell Latitude E6400 and Touchpad

Mike Barnard mike.barnardq at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 09:43:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a dell as mentioned in the subject. I have been trying to get the
touchpad horizontal scroll and vertical scroll to work with no avail.

I have hw.psm.synaptics_support="1" entered in loader.conf but all my
sysctl.conf variables that pertain to the touchpad dump error on boot. It
appears that the synaptics support is not loaded at boot time.

I am running FreeBSD 8.1 RC1 amd64.

Any one experience this or know how to get the synaptics touchpad working

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.