Xorg Problems

Eitan Adler lists at eitanadler.com
Thu Aug 26 20:11:48 UTC 2010

>> I used make install as I had no way of knowing that additional drivers
>> could be selected.  Perhaps that should be an option to the sysinstall
>> program when FBSD is initially being installed.
>>

> Yes, people can't guess what are the names of the drivers, it's in my
> opinion a problem for this port.  I Cced the maintainer.

I have a lot on my plate right now so I can't guarantee that I'll
solve this soon.
Would depending on x11-driver/xorg-drivers instead of requiring
VIDEO_DRIVER being set help at all?
I intended this port to be used when you require X11 to up and running
fast without any overhead. That is why things like xset aren't
installed. It is possible to run X11 with the vesa driver even if you
can get better performance with a different driver.

--
Eitan Adler