Spontaneous Reboots (I thought it was Virtualbox Kernel Modules)

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Tue Aug 24 17:29:29 UTC 2010

I have commented out the lines that load kernel modules for
virtualbox, and made sure they were gone with kldstat.  However I am
still getting VERY infrequent spontaneous reboots.  So it is not the
modules.  I am thinking hardware.  It has a temperature alarm that
sounds when it is hot, but since I have cleaned it out I have not had
any issues with heat.  I am thinking bad processor/ram.  It is
behaving the same way before/after the upgraded to the latest release.
 What do you guys think?

Regards,
Chris Maness