Lingua franca file system Linux-NetBSD-FreeBSD?

Christer Solstrand Johannessen christer at csj.no
Tue Aug 24 12:27:32 UTC 2010

I've successfully used CIFS/Samba and NFS between Linux, OpenBSD,
FreeBSD, Solaris and Windows for years. Easy to set up and works well.

If there are no Windows clients involved, I'd use NFS or AFS; with
Windows in the mix, CIFS/Samba may be a better choice as Windows NFS
clients are dodgy at best.

- Christer