running FreeBSD on Windows host

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Aug 23 07:08:18 UTC 2010

Hello,

I've to re-install my laptop with some Windows version (Vista or Windows
7) with disk encryption. Of course I will go on to work in FreeBSD
9-CURRENT and KDE3 as desktop. Please, don't ask me why I have to put Windows below :-)

I have some questions:

>From the point of view of performance in FreeBSD, what would be better, Vista or
Win7?

Any recommendation for the virtualisation software for best performance?

Is there any tool in the ports to benchmark the disk i/o performance and
compare the situation between now (FreeBSD native) and later (FreeBSD in
a VM)?

Thanks in advance

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211