Thinkpad Wireless

Rem P Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 03:51:07 UTC 2010

> On 8/22/10 11:28 PM, Rem P Roberti wrote:
>> Yep, it was a typo.  OK...iwi0 is now showing up in the ifconfig
>> output.  I shall make the (hopefully) appropriate entries in
>> /etc/rc.conf and see what happens.
>>
> Good to hear.  Good luck!
>
> Regards,

OK...here's what is happening now.  I have put these entries into
/etc/rc.conf:

wlans_iwi0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"

when I booted up I could see from the wireless "beacon" indicator that
something was happening.  But I kept getting this message:

iwi0: need multicast update callback

And when I tried to do a ping I got the dreaded...ping: cannot resolve
yahoo.com: Host name lookup failure...and then all of sudden it started
working and I was able to successfully ping, and connect.  Is this
voodoo :-) ?

---Rem