Parklogic making a mess

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 22 08:17:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 11:48:50PM +0100, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 17:35:57 +0200
> Svein Skogen <svein at stillbilde.net> wrote:
>
> > Anybody else seem to get these header-falsified messages lately:
>
> I think anyone who posts to freebsd-questions is probably getting them.
> I contacted parklogic and got a response telling me I could use an
> anti-spam product to avoid getting it. Not quite the response I had
> hoped for!

So far these messages come from a single machine (look at the "Received ... by
mx1.freebsd.org" line), 64.38.11.26, which is in a netblock owned by Layered
Technologies, Inc.

The postmaster for freebsd.org has been warned, so he might take action
(refusing mail from that IP address).

If not, on the 19th, I sent a complaint to abuse at layeredtech.com including one
of the spam e-mails with full headers. I propose we wait for a week to see if
Layered Tech take action. If not, then I think it is time some more people sent
complaints. :-) For those in the US, you can also phone them, see
http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/LAT-ARIN.

Roland