Xorg Problems

Fred Boatwright fred at blakemfg.com
Sun Aug 22 02:53:38 UTC 2010

Warren Block wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, Warren Block wrote:
>
> > Log file is at http://wonkity.com/~wblock/tmp/Xorg.0.log
>
> First notes:
>
> You're running the old version of X, 1.6.1.
>
> Something odd is going on with some of the fonts.

I installed ports/x11/xorg-minimal as the full Monty appeared to be a
huge amount of software that will never get used.  I don't want all the
stuff for gnome and kde as I will never use them.

It appeared to me that the fonts could be straightened out when
everything else is working.  I think the Handbook has a section on
adding fonts.

While looking for the xorg-minimal that I installed I found a bunch of
nVidea drivers in the same directory.  Do you think I should install
them now or wait.

Fred