External HD

Elias Chrysocheris eliaschr at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Aug 21 17:24:20 UTC 2010

On Saturday 21 of August 2010 20:03:02 Mario Lobo wrote:

> > > use the port /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-ntfs
> >
> > Thanks for the tip.  I have installed the port and will give it a try,
> > although I'm a little leery given Ryan's post.
> >
> > Rem
>
> Don't forget to do this:
>
> cd /sbin
> mv -f mount_ntfs mount_ntfs-kern
> ln -s /usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g mount_ntfs
>
> so you can mount your ntfs disk right from fstab.
>
> I have all my vbox vdi files on an ntfs drive and I'm yet to have a problem
> with it.

Well, I used to have an external NTFS hard drive. I used fusefs-ntfs and I
could write in the drive. But there were times where the machine crashed and I
couldn't even get a core dump. It also stoped durong the core dump and
freezed... So I couldn't even place a PR for that...

That was in amd64 architecture

Best regards
Elias