Customizable wall clock for several time zones

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Aug 21 03:52:26 UTC 2010

I'm searching for a round-clock style clock application for X,
and I would prefer a standalone program (not integrated with
KDE, Gnome, or else). It should be possible to define several
timezones and attach a label to each clock (which doesn't have
to contain the name of the time zone, but an arbitrary string).

It should look something like this:

	[]========= The clock =========X
	|   ____      ____      ____   |
	|  /  | \    / \  \    /   /\  |
	| |   +- |  |  -+  |  |   +  | |
	|  \____/    \____/    \__|_/  |
	|   BLAH      MEOW    DOGFOOD! |
	+------------------------------+

Just as bankers and dynamical long-legged success-oriented
group-dependent program managers use them. :-)

In the ports, I found intclock, but it doesn't have round clocks,
and additionally, it allows to add UTC, and it is shown, but upon
program restart, it complains that "Timezone UTC not defined.".

There is no need for a GUI configuration tool if the use of a
configuration file is documented, and then just contains the
TZ name and the label per clock, as simple as possible.

Does such a program already exist?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany