Why network doesn't get initialized on system startup?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Thu Aug 19 06:00:26 UTC 2010

I have two similar machines, on one rc.conf has:
wlans_ath0=wlan0
ifconfig_wlan0="ssid wifi-net-id weptxkey 1 deftxkey 1 wepmode on wepkey
0x1234567890 DHCP"
and it gets initialized at startup.

On another rc.conf has:
wlans_ndis0=wlan0
ifconfig_wlan0="ssid wifi-net-id weptxkey 1 deftxkey 1 wepmode on wepkey
0x1234567890 DHCP"
and this one doesn't get initialized at startup.

The only difference is that the second one uses ndis0 with some
preloaded ndis driver. It shouldn't matter.
How can I make an interface to get initialized at startup and why it
doesn't do this by itself?

Yuri