Xorg Problems

Rem Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Thu Aug 19 04:21:01 UTC 2010

  I'm having trouble with xorg on a new 8.1 installation.  I haven't
installed a wm yet, but when I try to call up the generic x windows by
typing "startx" they do indeed appear, but all three of the x windows
are locked up.  By that I mean that there is no mouse, and no
possibility of entering data in the windows via the keyboard.  Totally
frozen.  And you can't get out of x in the usual manner i.e.
ctrl-alt-backspace.  The only thing that works is ctrl-alt-del which, of
course, reboots the computer.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Rem