Extracting a variable listing

Jack L. Stone jacks at sage-american.com
Wed Aug 18 13:42:34 UTC 2010

Sorry to return to the trough again for script help, but find excellent
answers here when all else fails, and I am not very good at it.

Trying to develop a script (non-bash) that will extract a variable list of
content on a daily basis so I can add it to a master list. Once I have
this, I can do the rest of the scripting needed.

Here's an example of the need.

The content I need will always fall beneath a row of pound signs, and there
is content above that row I don't want, like this:

bunch of rows I don't need here
############################### <--- the top of stuff needed
row1
row2
row3
row4
etc, etc....

So, I need a way to pull out the rows (which vary daily) beneath the pound
row and place it in a new temp file that I can "cat >>" into a master file.

Appreciate your kind help once again.... (beers on me!)

All the best!
Jack

(^_^)
Happy trails,