Not booting after freebsd install

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Mon Aug 16 21:30:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:54:51 +0530
Mubeesh ali <mubeeshalivm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, i have an acer 5745 which had ubuntu running not booting after an
> attempted freebsd install .i understand that i  might have wiped by
> choosing auto partition :-( and had not written mbr so that we could
> manage all from grub .now the laptop is stuck at bios splash screen.it
> refuses to go even to bios setup.
> please advice how i can recover and start over

Specific configurations of partitions (or rather, byte patterns) are
known to cause some BIOSes to hang during POST - on mine it was Windows
and FreeBSD. If you can, try switching from AHCI to IDE or vice versa.
Otherwise you might have to remove the drive and reconfigure it on
another system with a less buggy BIOS.

--
Bruce Cran