Favorite terminal software?

Bill Campbell freebsd at celestial.com
Fri Aug 13 22:28:02 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010, Ed Flecko wrote:
>In the past, I've used TeraTerm Pro with SSH (since it's free and
>seems to work just fine), but I wanted to see if anyone had any other
>recommendations for terminal software they like.
>
>I'd like it to be free, but if you've got something you really like
>that costs a few bucks, I'm O.K. with that too.
>
>Suggestions???

I do the vast majority of my work with ssh and xterm, only using
putty, gnome-terminal, etc. when testing terminal applications.

FWIW, I just did some testing today with the iSSH App on an iPad,
and it works reasonably well connecting to a variety of *nix
servers.

I do have clients connecting to FilePro applications using the
PowerTerm program from Ericom, mostly because they want something
that does a good SCO emulation as FilePro's support for xterm is
somewhat poor (which I'm working on now fix the termcap :-).

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

politics, as a practice, whatever its professions, has always
been the systematic organization of hatreds. -- Heny Adams