ftp login failing after upgrade to 8.1

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Tue Aug 10 21:19:16 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:07 PM, Mark Tinguely <marktinguely at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Maness wrote:
>>
>> I just upgraded to FreeBSD 8.1 and my regular user name seems to be
>> disallowed for ftp.  I checked and my name or group does not seem to
>> show up in ftpusers.  Any suggestions as to what might have happened?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris Maness
>>

> Do you use a shell that is no longer in /etc/shells?
>
> --Mark.

Ok, I have it working now.  The man page for ftpd should make that a
little clearer than it does.  There is another issue after logging in.
 The login works just fine, but when it tries to establish a
connection for transfer or list the contents of a directory, I get a
connection refused error.

Regards,
Chris Maness