problem mounting USB drive

Ott Köstner OttK at zzz.ee
Tue Aug 10 17:20:02 UTC 2010

Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Ott Köstner <OttK at zzz.ee> wrote:
>

>> # df -H|grep da0
>> /dev/da0s1       160G     26G    134G    16%    /mnt
>>
>> ...but all commands result with an error like this...
>>
>> # ls -l /mnt/BACKUP
>> ls: /mnt/BACKUP: Argument list too long
>>

> That generally means there are too many files to process via default shell
> memory settings.  Something like:
>
> find /mnt/BACKUP
>
> should work in that case.

Yes, generally this means that there are too many files, but not in this
case. Even find gives me:

# find /mnt/BACKUP
find: /mnt/BACKUP: Argument list too long

or

# ls -ld /mnt/BACKUP
ls: /mnt/BACKUP: Argument list too long

Some directories are not big at all. My question is, is is a FreeBSD
problem here, or is there something wrong with the drive (or am I doing
something wrong here)?
For some reason my BSD does not want to eat that drive...

;)
Ott