ANNOUNCE: Custom 64bit FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE with XFCE packages released

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Aug 8 18:25:00 UTC 2010

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 13:02:48 -0500, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have changed it, now when I start machine I am logged in as root
>
> grullahighschool#
>
> I wonder what I did

So that's REALLY strange...

> /etc/gettytab
>
> ttyv0 "/usr/libexec/getty autologin"   cons25  on  secure

Change "autologin" to something else; near the file's end there is
already such a name - just to avoid interferences.

Make sure you have /etc/gettytab in the following format (tested,
and working):

# File header
# ...

default:\
	:cb:ce:ck:lc:fd#1000:im=\r\n%s/%m (%h) (%t)\r\n\r\n:sp#1200:\
	:if=/etc/issue:

autologin:\
        :al=olivares:tc=Pc:

#
# Fixed speed entries
# .... file continues here .....

In this case, "olivares" is both the name of the user to log in
automatically AND the name of the autologin-purpose profile. The
user has to exist, of course.

> Might it be that there were two lines
> in /etc/gettytab
>
> ttyv0 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"   cons25  on  secure
>
> and
>
> ttyv0 "/usr/libexec/getty autologin"   cons25  on  secure
>
> and I removed the top one with "Pc" and left the one below?

Seems to be interfering...

In /etc/ttys, use this format:

ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty olivares"   cons25  on   secure

Make sure the line regarding X is off:

ttyv8   "/usr/X11R6/bin/xdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off  secure

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany