ANNOUNCE: Custom 64bit FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE with XFCE packages released

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 18:10:06 UTC 2010

On 8/8/10, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/10, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
>> On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 11:14:12 -0500, Antonio Olivares
>> <olivares14031 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It does not work.  When I try to login I see:
>>>
>>> -bash:  [ !:  command not found
>>>
>>> I switch it to if statement suggested before for .login, but it
>>> returns same error.
>>
>> Very strange; I've checked that in bash's dialog mode, and it
>> seems to work properly. If it really doesn't work, you can use
>> the test program instead of [.
>>
>> 	if test ! -f /tmp/.X0-lock; then
>> 		/usr/local/bin/startx
>> 	fi
>>
>> I've checked this in bash's dialog mode, it works.
>>

>> --
>> Polytropon
>> Magdeburg, Germany
>> Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
>> Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...
>>

> Have changed it, now when I start machine I am logged in as root
>
> grullahighschool#
>
> I wonder what I did
>
> /etc/gettytab
>
> ttyv0 "/usr/libexec/getty autologin"   cons25  on  secure
>
> /etc/ttys
>
> autologin:\
>    :al=olivares:ht:np:sp#115200:
>
> Might it be that there were two lines
> in /etc/gettytab
>
> ttyv0 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"   cons25  on  secure
>
> and
>
> ttyv0 "/usr/libexec/getty autologin"   cons25  on  secure
>
> and I removed the top one with "Pc" and left the one below?
>
> Thank you for your help/advice, I am almost there.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

Update:

I modified the top line to contain :
 ttyv0 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"   cons25  on  secure
and
at the very end added one with
 ttyv0 "/usr/libexec/getty autologin"   cons25  on  secure

and sadlyI get

Aug 8 12:07:58 grullahighschool init:  getty repeating too quickly on
port /dev/ttyv0, sleeping 30 secs

Then I get login prompt :(  again.  What could be going wrong ?

Regards,

Antonio