ANNOUNCE: Custom 64bit FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE with XFCE packages released

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 16:14:14 UTC 2010

Polytropon,

> Yes. According to "man bash", section "INVOCATION", mentiones
> other file names: Bash reads and executes ~/.bash_profile,
> ~/.bash_login, and ~/.profile (in that order), so you can
> add the line "[ ! -f /tmp/.X0-lock ] && startx" (short form
> is completely okay and valid) at the end of ~/.bash_login -
> or also .profile, but it makes more sense in putting it into
> something related to "login" rather than a "profile", but
> that's debatable semantics. :-)
>
> The line "[ ! -f /tmp/.X0-lock ] && startx" is correct C shell,
> sh (Bourne) and bash syntax.

It does not work.  When I try to login I see:

-bash:  [ !:  command not found

I switch it to if statement suggested before for .login, but it
returns same error.

> 	127.0.0.1	localhost
> 	127.0.0.1	grullahighschool.local grullahighschool
> 	127.0.0.1	grullahighschool.local.
>
> should work if hostname="grullahighschool.local" is given. Don't
> forget to assign an IP for localhost, too (can be the same). See
> "man host" for details.

will change the /etc/hosts file to

       ::1             grullalhighschool.rgccisd.org grullahighschool
       127.0.0.1       grullahighschool.rgccisd.org grullahighschool
       127.0.0.1       localhost

and see if I don't see the error.

> --

Thank you very much for your help and advice.

Regards,

Antonio